Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Links, Thoughts, and Reads.

 A shot from my friend's beautiful home that I got to photograph.

 Eleanor and I a few weeks ago.
folding laundry this past week - it makes me cry too.

Happy Friday! 

We have spent the last week and a half in the house, fighting off a little army of illnesses. We are left with lingering colds, but are mostly feeling much better.

Recent links, thoughts, and reads:

-How to Talk to Your Daughter About Her Body Really, everyone should read this.
-I am wrapping up this book, it might be my favorite parenting book yet. Truly life-changing.
-An ever-changing book list for the boys and I this fall: Pre-School Reading List. We are starting with the theme, "the earth" -dirt, rocks, insects, compost, earthworms... I am letting Dmitri's interests guide our informal pre-school: little hands-on projects and lots of books. Two things we both love.
-A couple of weeks ago, I shot the interior of a friend's home- the first time I've photographed someone else's house. They are getting ready to move to the UK and wanted to remember their first home. It was so much fun.
-I wish I had had Kelly William Brown's book (Adulting) 7 years ago, when I moved out of the house. I might still buy it for my husband (passive-aggressive, and I know it). I'm eating up her blog. Practical and funny. What's not to love.
-Massive de-cluttering is happening now. In theory, I am a minimalist. My house says otherwise.
-It's officially August, which means David and I re-evaluated our budget. We are instating the envelope-system. We also did a time budget...if only we could stick minutes in envelopes.
-August also means David starts his Ph. D in a week. I still have one more week to talk him out of it....but not really. Good luck, dear and cheers to the next 5 years!
-Those three little humans and I are off to play.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the wild flowers!

Caroline, I started following your blog recently and it's inspiring seeing you handle everything so well. Wish you the best! keep up the great inspirational posts!
x
eva

Unknown said...

Love the wild flowers in your friends home! I must say your baby is adorable!

Caroline I love reading your inspiring posts! i recently started following your blog, and i feel like i already know you!

p.s. Good luck with the laundry folding!
X
-Eva